Effective March 2017
CoachList (“The Application”) is an application owned and operated by CoachList Inc., a California company (“Company” or “we,” “our” or “us”).
1. What Information We Collect
(a) Information You Provide To Us
Personal Information and Demographic Information. When you log into the Application through email or your approved social media accounts, or when you link your social media accounts to the Application you provide us with certain categories of information such as: (1) personal information, which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your name, e-mail address and social media handles (“Personal Information”); and (2) demographic information, such as gender, age or similar information that you voluntarily make public to everyone on social media accounts (“Demographic Information”). Whenever we associate Demographic Information with your Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information
(b) Information We Collect As You Access And Service The Application
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever you interact with the Application (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may include the type of phone that you are using, the areas within the Application that you visit, the time of day you use the Application, activity that is logged and completed using the Application, the organizations for which you participate using the Application, and the types of activities you record using the Application. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to enhance or otherwise improve the Application. In addition, we may collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for your phone or other device used to access the Application (any, a “Device”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Application, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Usage Information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. Whenever we associate Usage Information or a Device Identifier with your Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information.
(c) Information Third Parties Provide About You
(d) Information You Provide About A Third Party
If you send someone else an electronic communication from the Application, such as sending an invitation to a friend to join the Application, the information you provide (names, e-mail addresses, etc.) is used to facilitate the communication and is not used for outside marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise. Please be aware that when you use any invite-a-friend functionality in the Application, your name and e-mail address may be included in the communication sent to your friend.
2. Ownership Of Submitted Information
3. Usage Of Collected Information
Please note that information submitted to the Application via a “contact us” or other similar function may not receive a response.
4. Disclosure Of Information To Third Parties
- Generally, we will not sell, rent or otherwise share any of your Personal Information to any third party without your express consent in each instance.
We may share non-personally identifiable information, such as Demographic Information, Usage Information and aggregated user statistics, with third parties. To the extent we share any such information with third parties, those third parties shall treat it in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
- Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf. We may use third party vendors to perform certain services on behalf of the Application, such as hosting the Application, designing and/or operating the Application’s features and tracking analytics. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including Personal Information, to carry out the services they are performing for you or for us. While we may use third party analytics service providers to evaluate and provide us with information about the use of the Application and viewing of our content, we do not share Personal Information with these analytics service providers, but they may set and access their own cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts on your Device and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you, including non-personally identifiable information.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) through the Application that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
- Administrative and Legal Reasons. We may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information (including Personal Information), including disclosure to third parties: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process if in our good faith opinion such is required or permitted by law; (ii) to protect and/or defend the Application’s Terms of Service or other policies applicable to the Application, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) to protect the safety, rights, property or security of the Application or any third party; and/or (iv) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. Further, we may use IP address or other Device Identifiers, to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties such as copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers and/or law enforcement agencies, including disclosing such information to third parties, all in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
- Business Transfer. We may share your information, including your Personal Information, Demographic Information and Usage Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Application or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
5. Information Disclose Publicly
6. Third Party Content And Links To Third Party Sites In Application
The Application may contain content that is supplied by a third party, and those third parties may collect web site usage information and your Device Identifier when web pages from the Application are served to your browser. In addition, when you are using the Application you may be directed to other sites that are operated and controlled by third parties that we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any of these third party sites. For example, if you “click” on a banner, the “click” may take you off the Application onto a different web site. These other web sites may appear in “baby browsers” within the Application and may send their own cookies to you, independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. We encourage you to note when you leave our Application and to read the privacy statements of all third party web sites before submitting any Personal Information to those sites.
7. Third Party Ads On The Application
8. Change Personal Information And Communication Preferences
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of registration. You can make any necessary changes to this information through your My Account page.
9. Consent To Transfer Information To The United States
The Application is operated in the United States. If you are located anywhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including, Personal Information, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your Personal Information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States according to laws of the United States. By using the Application or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States.
10. Children Under The Age of 13
The Application is a general audience application and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13) unless a Parent has provided the information directly. We will delete any Personal Information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at www.CoachList.com and click the contact link.
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. We maintain physical, electronic and managerial practices and procedures designed to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of customer information. We limit and restrict access to Personal Information only to those employees who need it to carry out their business functions. We also educate our employees about safeguarding Personal Information and preventing its unauthorized access, disclosure or use. Our employees with access to Personal Information are also bound to adhere to this policy. We will monitor and adopt, as appropriate, new technological improvements that are designed to aid in ensuring the accuracy and security of customer information.
However, no transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use our Application and provide us with your information at your own risk.